FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Q. Is there a charge to collect my items?
a. No. We provide a free collection service as long as they meet the required standards as set by the organisation. We do however charge for house clearance and removals, this is specialist service that comes with all the costs associated with running a charity / business such as fuel, rent, vehicle maintenance and wage costs. We try to keep the charge to a minimum as we are grateful for those items and business that support Circulate Recycling.
2. Q. Do you dismantle items?
a. It is not our policy to dismantle items from bulky collections but if the driver feels he / she has the time then they may do so at their discretion. The reason we do not guarantee to carry this out is due to time constrictions and the need to carry out further collections en route. When carrying out full house clearances we expect to do so.
3. Q. Do my items need to be roadside?
a. No – We require all items to be inside the property as this gives us a greater chance of reuse.
4. Q. Can you guarantee to take my items away? a. No. Circulate Recycling staff inspect all items and decide if they are re-usable / recyclable or unusable. All items for re-use are sold at affordable costs to the public and all items unfit for re-use would be refused at the driver’s discretion. All components such as Wood, Metal, Glass, Cardboard, and Polyester are salvaged for reuse or recycling.
5. Q. Why is Circulate Recycling a charity?
a. Circulate Recycling is managed by the charity Garnsychan Partnership. a. Circulate offer a wide range of benefits to the community and its inhabitants. We are a "not for profit" organisation and therefore its aim is not a monetary one although revenue and income allow the service to be maintained. Circulate Recycling works with people from many disadvantaged backgrounds and also provides educational support to community groups to help promote reducing, recycling and re-using waste. We also aim to reduce the level of waste entering landfill.
6. Q. When do you collect in my area?
a.We try to be as flexible as possible but with a great demand for this service we hope you can be flexible to our needs in the same way as we are to yours. Homemaker’s collection days are as follows: - Monday – Blanavon – Pontypool Tuesday – Pontypool – Cwmbran, Wednesday – Monmouth, Blaenau Gwent, Newport Thursday – Cwmbran –Pontypool & Friday - Torfaen wide.
7. Q. Can I swap you my items in exchange for Circulate Recycling item?
8. Q. If I purchase items can I have them delivered?
a. Yes, we do deliver, although there is a charge. Please ensure items fit into your home before purchasing however. We can only guarantee delivery to ground level, it is at the discretion of the delivery / sales team if delivery is beyond this point can be catered for.
9. Q. What happens if you deliver my items and they don’t fit?
a. Please ensure you measure the items you are purchasing and the space they need to pass through such as doors, stairs and hallways before purchase. Once the item is delivered to your door we do not take responsibility for it. We do not offer refunds for items that do not fit in your home.
10. Q. What happens if I am not in when you collect or deliver?
a. If you are not going to be in at the time agreed initially you need to contact Circulate at the earliest available time to reschedule. If we do incur a wasted journey, as you were not in at the agreed time then a second delivery charge will be made. With regards to collections if you are not going to be in at the agreed time then please contacting us to let us know and we will reschedule you collection.
13. Q. Do I get a discount as I am on benefits?
a. No we do not operate a “benefit discount system”. But we will try to match your buying needs with your budget.
14. Q. Can I drop off items to Circulate Recycling?
a. Yes – Please see Drop Off page.